Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Listen to this news
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is rapidly moving towards its goal of climate-positive operations. Henkel holds a record as a company who constantly drives transformational change to create value for its stakeholders. Last year the company increased its efforts as part of the 2030+ Sustainability Ambition Framework. It has now translated this framework into its specific Sustainability Ambition 2030, to strengthen their climate positive operations.
The business unit is investing into broad variety of sustainability projects for fulfilling its noble ambition. Concerned about the climate change Dimitri Kozak, Head of Sustainability and Environmental Performance in Operations at Henkel Adhesive Technologies said, “Thus, we are taking holistic actions in all our manufacturing sites around the globe. As a first milestone we want to become carbon neutral in production. We have achieved carbon neutrality in our aerospace manufacturing plant in the Montornès del Valles (Montornès) plant in Spain. This year, we have already turned three further adhesive production sites to carbon neutrality with much more to come in the near future.”
Henkel is currently encouraging:
• Carbon neutral production whereby it is investing into technologies that uses 100% renewable energy. The manufacturing sites use renewable alternatives such as biomass or biogas. Besides drawing energy from renewable sources three plants have also deployed LED lighting, smart motion sensors and natural lighting.
• 60% of the operating sites of Adhesive Technologies uses electricity generated from renewable sources. Henkel even implements sustainability into the design phase of any particular site.
• Henkel puts in efforts to increase energy efficiency by investing into technologies that help to replace fossil fuels for the generation of thermal energy. It trying its best to reduce CO2-footprint in production processes.
• Henkel is emphasizing on the use of circular water and circular use of production waste materials. It is bringing necessary changes in various facilities to save water while encouraging the water reuse.
• Lastly, it is also working towards proper waste management it is constantly improving its disposal methods. 85% of the all adhesive manufacturing sites have achieved zero waste to landfill status (ZWTL).