Wood & Panel
Home » Featured News » WINTERSTEIGER accelerates digitalisation

WINTERSTEIGER accelerates digitalisation

 Friday, August 18, 2023

en flag
fr flag
de flag
it flag
es flag
Listen to this news

Following the majority takeover of Vienna-based digital agency Moonshiner, WINTERSTEIGER AG is digitalizing its business models, products, and services faster and in a more targeted way. Back in January 2022, mechanical engineering firm WINTERSTEIGER AG from Ried im Innkreis acquired a stake in digital agency Moonshiner in Vienna. In the first quarter of 2023, the shareholding was increased from 36.5 % to 72 %. The remaining 28 % belongs to the Moonshiner management: Rudi Lindenhofer (CEO) and Fabian Hippmann (CTO).

According to Harold Kostka, the CFO at WINTERSTEIGER who is responsible for IT and digitalisations explains, “We make sure we don’t stifle the agile processes of the start-up by forcing it to conform to how we do things in the group, such as by overloading it with SAP workflows. We give our colleagues in Vienna the freedom to continue their work autonomously.” Moonshiner will also continue to act as an independent digital agency on the open market. WINTERSTEIGER wants to occupy up to a third of the start-up’s capacity and generate additional potential leads for Moonshiner.

For Moonshiner the collaboration means being incorporated into a larger company for the first time. “The best thing about it for us is being more involved in what’s going on within the company, instead of just getting a glimpse through the keyhole. This generates creativity. And, of course, it’s a great experience to link up with an industrial enterprise,” says Rudi Lindenhofer, CEO of Moonshiner.

Machine digitalisation

In addition to the customer platform and rental software, the digitalisation of machines is gaining more and more momentum. According to Kostka, the need for medium-sized enterprises to move from an investment model towards a costs-based model is great, which is why he wants to push the pay-per-use business model: “When they choose WINTERSTEIGER , customers do not have to invest in a new system, instead they pay on the basis of the number of ground skis, of cut parquet lamellas per m2, or cleaned bikes. Our customers do not usually want to buy the machine itself, instead what they need is capacity and reliability.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Read Magazine Online

Subscribe to our Newsletters

I want to receive wood industry news and event update from Wood & Panel. I have read Wood & Panel Privacy Notice.

Our Partners