Published on : Monday, August 5, 2019
imos AG has achieved its goal of networking suppliers, manufacturers and end customers. The software release imos iX 2019 is available since July 10, 2019 for new installations in German-speaking countries. The release will be also available for international and existing customers approximately in October 2019.
imos has summarised the most important new features of this software version.
• Ecosystem ix Interio
• iX PLAN
• iX NET
• iX CAD
• iX CAM
• iX Support Center
• iX System Environment – Software
Ecosystem iX Interio
What is iX interio?
The ecosystem iX Interio reduces the communication and transaction processes between the individual business areas and makes cooperation models more attractive – even across locations. iX Interio is the result of developing autonomous software applications to integrated solutions that fulfill the requirements of digitalization and overcome both technological barriers and company boundaries.
• Ecosystem for manufactures of furniture and furnishings
• New digital cooperation models
• Connects suppliers, manufacturers, sales representatives and end customers
• Central product database
• Integration of contiguous systems such as ERP or MES
Room creation in iX PLAN has also gained in design comfort. It benefits from articles and components that can be placed more flexibly and interact with each other.
• Wall display mode
• Rectangular and round columns
• Doors and windows
The web-based application iX NET has been extended by numerous functions. Planning speed, usability and interoperability were at the top of the list of requirements. Furthermore, the photorealistic presentation of the planning results was improved using new material, lighting and rendering techniques. The 3D planning results can also be uploaded into social networks at any time and viewed interactively by anyone.
• Multiple rooms in room planning
• Optimized snap points
• Anchor objects
• Angle between two walls
• Material texture management
• Integration in AutoCAD-pallets (larger planning area on the monitor)
• Parametric mode
• Redesign uder interface
Project design management
• Cross-order design specification
• Change management
• Structuring the order according to any other criteria
Automated optimization of the workflow selection
• Allocation of components to all suitable workflows
• Creation of multiple alternative data sets
Process time determation
• Individual definition of the processing time per process step
• Calculation and provision of process times
CNC Sandwich function
• Processing of compatible components in Pairs
CNC Solid Wood Strategy
• Consideration of grain direction when machining solid wood and frame parts
• Available for all types of milling machines
• Easy removal of corners in rectangular pockets
• iFurn update checks for actualization of already downloaded connectors
• Integration of DataBroker
• Generic and real animations give an impression of the haptics of connectors on the furniture
Extension of the delivery data
• Handleless kitchen
• Office furniture
• Water and electrical installation
iX Environment – Software
• Server virtualization, client virtualization via
• Citrix Xen Desktop and Xen App
The new software version iX 2019 now offers the possibility of making the function visible. And this throughout in all applications – in the construction as well as at the point of sale. All movable furniture components can be opened and closed as in the real world. To the viewer they show both the interior of the furniture and the kinematics of the components in animated form at LIGNA 2019.